Have you spilled coffee on your favorite chair? Or, after a friendly party, a red wine stain appeared on the couch? Or maybe your kids love to eat jam in the living room, leaving sticky sweet spots on the furniture? Whoever caused the incident, the problem can be solved on its own, especially if everything is done on time or if you order dry cleaning of upholstered furniture. Or unless you will know how one can remove stains from upholstered Furniture.
“Folk” Recipes For Cleaning Upholstered Furniture
Spots can have a different origins, so in each case, you need to use different means.
- Coffee stains can be easily removed with soapy water. You just need to wet a rag or sponge in it, wipe it, and then let it dry. It also removes chocolate stains.
- Beer stains are not easy to remove. You can cope with them with the help of an acetic solution: 1 tbsp—of vinegar to 1 liter of water. Blot a fresh stain with a napkin and only then use the key. Blot excess moisture with a tissue and let dry.
- Fruit juice from the surface of the sofa is removed with a more complex solution: vinegar + ammonia in a 1: 1 ratio. Apply it to the surface, wipe the stain, and dry.
- Sweet stains from jam and jam are also removed with a soap solution. But first, you need to clean up what is possible. After that, use the solution to remove the stain. And finally, you need to sprinkle the soiled place with salt, which will absorb the remnants of the sweet pollutant. Let the surface dry, then clean it well with a brush and vacuum cleaner.
- Red wine leaves stains that are almost impossible to get rid of if you didn’t do it while the stain was fresh. If the wine has just been spilled on the sofa, blot the stain with a napkin, cover this place with salt, and let it dry. And then take a brush and a vacuum cleaner and thoroughly clean the surface.
Another Solution To Get Rid Of Wine Stains
But this is not the most difficult solution. Even though white wine does not have such a bright color, getting rid of stains after it is much more difficult. It will not be enough to get wet and vacuum. You need to use a special solution: 3 parts of methanol and 1 part of water. And do not forget that methyl alcohol is very dangerous for health and life. Handle him carefully. The stain from white wine is first wiped with this solution, then with water and laundry soap. Do not forget to dry the surface well after treatment.
How To Remove Non-Food Stains
Non-food stains are also quite easy to remove from the surface of upholstered furniture.
Acetone will help remove traces of lipstick and ink, blood is removed with cold (only cold) water. And after a romantic evening with candles, a scraper will help to remove wax from the surface of an armchair or sofa (it is used to remove cooled wax), a vacuum cleaner (removes residues), and blotting paper that absorbs wax residues (after ironing). If the situation is very difficult, after all these manipulations, additionally wipe the stain with methanol.
You can use “grandmother’s” recipes. We will not say that they are ineffective and should not be used. Sometimes they help a lot, literally saving the situation. But speaking in general, among the minuses of such recipes are the following:
- Do not always cope with stains by 100% (especially old ones); often leave ugly “stains”;
- You need to constantly keep them in your head or write them down, especially if you have small children or overly active guests.
- But there is an alternative option that does not have these shortcomings – the services of cleaning companies. Professional chemistry copes with stains 100% and does not leave any marks. And experts always know what tool is needed to remove this or that pollution. Therefore, you do not need to write down or memorize anything.
You can always order dry cleaning of upholstered furniture at Halacleaner, where you are guaranteed a 100% result, regardless of the complexity of the contamination.