Mold is one of the most ancient organisms. Numerous individuals can envy her viable state. Gives preference to damp, poorly heated, and poorly ventilated places. The organic surface is the abode of its reproduction. The composition of the mold is mycelium, penetrating the structure of any material on which it appeared and grows. The mycelium is identical to the root of the tree, so if you remove the visible parts of the mold from the walls in the apartment, after a while you can meet it again.
To understand how mold occurs, look at mold under a microscope. A very interesting picture is a cobweb, which consists of many thin threads with balls at the ends. It is these balls that contain spores that pose a specific threat to human health. And it is they who, bursting during the period of flowering and reproduction, scatter spores. Moreover, at this moment you feel a specific moldy smell.
Why Is Mold Harmful To Human Health?
The whole seriousness of this microorganism (extremely harmful) is in its manifestation. The impact is not detectable as quickly as, for example, if you eat moldy food, because the poisoning will not take long. In the case when you are in an affected room by mold, you do not see the infection, and do not feel it (for the time being, for the time being). However, this is a deceptive state of security.
With its spores, mold causes toxic poisoning in humans. It happens in the following way. Invisible spores, being in the air, easily penetrate the human body through the skin, respiratory tract, mucous membrane, and eyes. Moreover, disputes are not only able to linger in the human or animal body, but they (which is much worse) can also germinate in this area, leading to serious consequences. And this:
- Numerous respiratory ailments;
- Skin diseases;
- A painful condition of the oral cavity;
- Various infections;
- Musculoskeletal disorder.
Molds Effect On Human Health
In addition, mold contributes to the exacerbation of diseases that a person has. If you pay attention to the fact that some products will eventually begin to deteriorate quickly, despite their proper storage, and it also becomes harder to breathe in the room, a runny nose, sneezing, and cough appearance (without signs of a cold), and inflammation and redness, you will notice on the skin, accompanied by itching – for sure, mold has appeared on the walls of your house. The musty smell will confirm your assumptions.
There are several types of mold in nature. They have different colors, contributing to the development of wood rot. In principle, any mold is dangerous. Black mold settles mainly in apartments and private houses.
So, It is very important to notice and eliminate moldy spots that have appeared in time. However, it is more important to find out the root cause of its occurrence and put an end to it. Microscopic spores living everywhere are not so scary. But, getting into an environment suitable for their reproduction, they grow and then become very dangerous creatures. What is the conclusion? Avoid creating this atmosphere.
Causes Of Mold
- Lack of ventilation;
- The high degree of humidity;
- Use of humidifiers not according to the instructions;
- The dampness of the entire structure;
- Thin, freezing walls;
- Insufficient heating or its complete absence;
- Shortcomings of construction work;
- Unreliable waterproofing of the foundation in a private house;
- Damaged or damaged sewer pipes;
- Leaking roof;
- Tightness of window frames, as well as the presence of plastic in their decoration;
- Permanent condensate;
- An abundance of tropical plants in a small room.
Additionally, to find such signs, you should sound the alarm. So, we know that it is much easier to solve the root cause than to deal with the consequences that have arisen.
How To Prevent Mold
By following the basic rules of prevention, you can prevent the appearance of unpleasant and dangerous mold in the house. What to focus on:
- Systematically thoroughly ventilate the premises;
- Especially focusing on the bathroom and toilet. This is the most problematic place, and we have already raised the topic of fighting mold in the bathroom.
- Do not ignore the thoroughness of cleaning.
- Control the formation of condensate.
Believe me, if you follow these simple recommendations, you will not have to look for ways and means to combat mold.
However, What to do if this problem still occurs? Let’s get acquainted with various means and methods.
How To Remove Mold On The Walls In The Apartment?
It must keep in mind that chemicals for getting rid of any mold are poisonous, no matter how hard manufacturers try to demonstrate their harmlessness. In order not to expose yourself to the negative effects of such drugs, carefully and in detail study the instructions for each specific drug.
- Formalin must be diluted with water. Any soft swab is moistened with the resulting solution and carefully remove mold on the walls of the apartment. Work should be done with gloves and goggles since contact with the skin and eyes is fraught with various troubles.
- Copper sulfate powder must be diluted in water. He is less dangerous. Mold is treated with a damp cloth.
- Extremely effective anthracene oil. It can prevent the development of mold for quite a long time.
- The essential oil of garden bergamot (Monard) is a natural remedy used to kill mold. In solving this problem, oils and other plants, such as geranium, lavender, and tea tree, can become allies.
- Bleach, which contains chlorine, is used only in dissolved form. Wet the cloth, aply it to damaged areas, and after a few minutes (no more than 15) wipe dry with a dry rag. Do not forget about the toxicity of this tool. Therefore, pay attention to safety while working with it.
- Chemicals “Foggifluid” and “Senezh Effo” dry the affected areas well. After applying the substance, the dried residues simply remove mold from the walls in the apartment with a dry brush. After the procedure, it is necessary to update the primer, which helps to seal the surface. This will strengthen the surface and make it breathable.
- Antiseptic against mold Dali attracts by the fact that it is designed for all types of surfaces. The advantage of this drug is the absence of chlorine and odor.
- The Ozonator is a curiosity for Ukraine, but perhaps the most effective and modern method. To effectively eliminate mold, several cycles of ozonation are needed. Our cleaning company is among the few, if not the only one, that uses this device for disinfection when cleaning the apartment.
Folk Methods Of Fighting Mold
Many prefer folk remedies, not only because of the significant savings in money. However, it plays an important role in the choice of these methods of the almost complete absence of toxicity in comparison with purchased substances.
Bleach, which has an active substance that kills mold spores, is a good remedy. You can use this preparation to clean surfaces from various materials, whether glass, tile, wood, etc., from adversity. But in this application, there is a nuance: bleach diluted 1:10, sprayed onto the affected areas of the wall before covering them with finishing materials. Dry the walls thoroughly, and only after that, you can start finishing the work. Handle bleach with gloves and in a well-ventilated area.
Vinegar, as a weak acid, is good at killing mold. It is less toxic than bleach, although you will have to endure an unpleasant odor. Pour the vinegar into a spray bottle, with which you can apply it easily to moldy surfaces. You can also simply soak a rag in vinegar and wipe these areas. For preventive purposes, spray vinegar onto problem areas once a week. Alternatively, use vinegar with baking soda. First, the damaged areas are sprinkled with soda and then sprinkled with pure vinegar. Finally, wait until the chemical reaction is complete and remove the mold with a hard sponge.
Baking soda is a natural, safe, affordable remedy to help get rid of mold. First, you need to dissolve soda (2 tsp) in warm water (a glass). Use a spray bottle. Cover the mold with the solution, and use a stiff cloth to remove the mold from the walls of the apartment. Further, some experts recommend leaving the baking soda on, as it can act as an effective protector against the recurrence of the mold. Wipe the dry surface with a concentrated solution of citric acid or natural lemon juice.
Buy this antibacterial agent, hydrogen peroxide, freely from a pharmacy. Spray the drug on the wall with mold. After ten minutes, wash off the mold with a rag or sponge.
Use alcohol with the addition of a few drops of glycerin or ammonia diluted in water to clean mold only on hard surfaces of a non-porous coating. In other cases, alcohol is practically ineffective. After applying the solution and holding it for an hour, wash off the surface with clean water.
Copper sulfate has long been known as a decontamination product for indoor walls. Today, this powder will often use in solving the situation. We prepare the solution: dilute 10 g of powder in one liter of water, spray on the surface and wipe with a rag.
Tea Tree Oil
Use tea tree oil if the mold has just appeared and has not affected significant volumes. First, mix Salt (one tsp) and oil (two ml), and dilute the mixture in water (one hundred ml). Then spray the solution onto the surface and don’t wash off.
Lastly, If you do not want to mess with chemicals, or folk remedies, sharpen time, you can contact mold removal specialists. Today, they have at their disposal unique devices, as well as modern microwave methods, which allow for quick and efficient processing and removal of mold.
Therefore, do not forget that an integrated approach is very important in the fight against mold. Efficiency is possible if you eliminate the causes of the mold itself.
How To Clean Windows From The Outside
How To Properly Clean The Apartment
Everything You Need To Know About Mattress Cleaning
How To Clean The Seams Between Tiles